St. Luke’s provides financial assistance for qualifying patients who need help paying for some or all emergency or medically necessary care they received in a St. Luke’s facility or by a St. Luke’s provider. This program was developed to assist low-income, uninsured, or underinsured patients, and those with catastrophic medical bills.
To be eligible for financial assistance the patient must:
- Complete the Financial Care Application and submit all required supporting documentation.
- Have a family income at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Receive medically necessary services, as determined by the treating physician.
- Have not been denied government assistance due to lack of cooperation.
- Have charges billed to their insurance, if the patient has insurance.
Patients who are determined eligible for medical financial assistance will not be charged more than amounts generally billed (AGB) for emergency or other medically necessary care to patients with insurance (AGB, as defined by IRS Section 501(r)).
How do I apply for financial care?
Applications are available in English and Spanish and may be obtained from any of the following sources:
- Ask at St. Luke’s hospital or clinic registration desk.
- Download an application through St. Luke’s website below.
- Call St. Luke’s Business Office at (208) 706-2333 or toll-free 1-800-342-3432
- Request by mail (at no cost) to: St. Luke’s Customer Care, P.O. Box 2578, Boise, ID 83701-2578
Please mail your completed application (including all required documentation and information specified in the application instructions) to:
St. Luke’s Customer Care
P.O. Box 2578
Boise, ID 83701-2578
We’ll review submitted applications only after they’re complete and determine whether you’re eligible according to St. Luke’s financial assistance policy. We will not consider incomplete applications, but will notify and provide you an opportunity to send in the missing documentation or information, by the required deadline.
Other Financial Assistance Resources
Our financial advocates are dedicated to identifying what resources are available to help you manage upcoming healthcare costs. These resources can help you prepare financially before your treatment, whether you require outpatient/inpatient services, extensive treatment, or long term care. We can also help you understand your insurance coverage or determine if you may qualify for additional programs through government, county, or private entities.
To speak to a financial advocate, please call:
- Boise: (208) 381-1425
- Meridian: (208) 706-2147