The St. Luke’s media relations team is available to assist you with media inquiries about St. Luke’s hospitals, clinics, physicians, patients, programs and the latest national health care topics. Our goal is to make accessing St. Luke's facilities and expert medical staff easy and efficient, while complying with Federal regulations such as HIPAA and American Hospital Association guidelines.
St. Luke’s is happy to work with media partners, while still focusing on our top priority: protecting patient privacy and private health information. We follow the privacy requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. Patients must give specific authorization for the disclosure of their protected health information. News media must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Media escorts: All media will be accompanied and escorted by a member of the media relations team or an appropriate St. Luke’s representative at all times while on St. Luke’s property. Please arrange for an escort before arriving on campus.
- Interviews: All requests for St. Luke’s patient, physician and staff interviews must be coordinated through the St. Luke’s media relations team. This includes media requests made directly by a patient or a patient’s family or representative.
- Photographs, video and audio recordings: All photography, video and audio recordings must be coordinated through the St. Luke’s media relations team.
- Release of patient information to the media: Certain limited information can be released about patients if they are not listed as a privacy patient, and if the inquiry specifically contains the patient’s name. Written consent by the patient is required to release any additional information about a patient’s medical treatment or condition. The media relations team will work to support media requests in a timely manner. Learn more about the release of patient information
- Disaster/crisis: If a disaster occurs, patient care is the first priority. However, any of your requests or needs will be met as soon as possible.